Monday, August 27, 2012

Tales From the Driver's Side, Day Five

As told to Carol...
In our meetings, we were told, once we got busy, we would be busy!
I was on board this morning at 7:30am. I picked up my credentials - for me and for the vehicle - and made it through the layers of security to the parking lot. From some reason, my vehicle wasn't where it was supposed to be, so it took over an hour to find it. But once the walkie talkie crackled to life, it's been non-stop. I've been to the airport, to hotels on the beaches and downtown; I've delivered speakers to the Forum for rehearsals and back to their hotels. I've seen lots of celebs - or at least political celebs. And I've spoken with a few of them. Sorry, I can't use names.
I saw a few protesters today. Someone said there were around 300 (everyone was expecting 1000's) - and probably about that many police types around them. 
I'm waiting right now for my last pickup of the day. Then I'll be going back to St. Pete Beach and the boat. (I'm keeping the vehicle for the night. We'll be back at it at 7:30 again in the morning.)
Speaking of the boat, last night was a real rockin' experience! The bay was rough. I think I got about 10 minutes of sleep! But who's complaining.
It's been raining all day, but the wind has died down considerably.
Tomorrow's my last day of volunteering. Looking forward to what the day brings!





No comments:

Post a Comment